Franklin Half Dollars Mintage
The Franklin Half Dollar was introduced in 1948, replacing the prior depiction of Liberty. The coin was designed by John Sinnock, who had also created the new design for the ten cent denomination a few years earlier. The obverse of the Franklin Half Dollar features a right-facing portrait of Benjamin Franklin. The reverse of the coin features a large, central depiction of the Liberty Bell. A diminutive eagle with wings outstretched apperas to the right of the bell.
One of the most important considerations for the Franklin Half series is the strike quality. The coin features overall low relief and many broad, flat surfaces. The designation Full Bell Lines is awarded to sharply struck coins, which display full and uninterrupted horizontal lines on the lower portion of the Liberty Bell.